The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is unknown to people because it was closed to tourists for many years. However, since Septemeber of 2019, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Saudi Arabia decided to change that.
Travellers are now free to apply online for a tourist visa if they meet just a few visa requirements. E-Visa to Saudi Arabia is easily accessible online. Filling in the visa application form takes less than 15 minutes!
If you want to know all about e-Visa to Saudi Arabia, or why should you travel to KSA, keep on reading. This article will provide you with all the answers and essential information you may need.
Why did Saudi Arabia change its tourist policy?
Swedish citizens are now eligible to apply online for an e-Visa to Saudi Arabia. However, you may be wondering why the Saudi Arabian government changed its tourist policy in the first place?
The answer is simple. The main reason for changing its tourist policy was to end the Saudi Arabian government dependency on the oil industry. To switch the economy focus to tourism, the government decided to let the travellers in the country.
This should lower the unemployment rate, as new job places and opportunities are now available for Saudi Arabian citizens. Tourism created new job posts in hotels, restaurants, taxis, attraction centers, historical sites, etc.
More about an e-Visa to Saudi Arabia
This electronic visa permit is easily accessible online and can be obtained in just 3 business days. There are not so many required documents to gather before applying.
If you plan on travelling from Sweden to Saudi Arabia, all you need is a valid passport and an e-Visa assigned to it.
- The processing time can take up to 72 hours. However, usually, this takes even less time.
- It is valid for one year from the issuing date, or until your passport expires. Whichever comes first.
- This visa permit is a multiple-entry visa, which means that you can travel to Saudi Arabia numerous times within the validity period.
- Each stay cannot be longer than 90 days at a time.
- Saudi Arabian visa costs 149 Euro.
Before applying, please make sure that you have the following required documents:
- a valid passport: your passport has to be valid for at least 6 months ahead of the trip.
- an active e-mail address: onto which e-Visa and its confirmation number are sent
- a photograph of the applicant
The above-described visa requirements are elementary and easy to obtain. If you’re a Swedish citizen who plans to travel to Saudi, you can apply now as I am sure that you already have all the documents required.
Should you need more information, do not hesitate to contact our support team, available to you throughout the whole process.
Online application process
Now that Swedish citizens are eligible to apply for an e-Visa to Saudi Arabia, travelling from Sweden to Saudi is easier than ever.
The first step is to fill in an online application form. Provide the needed information, data, e-mail address, and the purpose of your travel. Passport details are also required in the form.
The next step is making the payment. Pay the handling charges using any convenient to you method of online payment.
Finally, check your e-mail box. First, you will receive a confirmation number. You can check the status of your e-Visa processing using this number. Within the next 72 hours, you will obtain your permit on your e-mail address as well.
Saudi Arabia as the travel destination
You may now be wondering what you should see and do in Saudi Arabia. With the travel visa being so effortless to get. Citizens of Sweden travelling to Saudi Arabia should consider visiting these places:
- The city of Madinah for some cultural enrichment and a history lesson. You can learn on tangible examples about the Islamic heritage, culture, and history of Saudi Arabia.
- The Jizan Port from which you can take a free ferry ride to the Farasan Islands. These are coral islands, which are located in the tropical or sub-tropical climate only. The islands are believed to be KSA ‘Maldives’.
- Al Harrah volcano is located in the northwestern part of Saudi, next to the Jordanian border. It has erupted in historic times.
- The Arabian Desert is the fifth-largest desert in the world. It is the habitat for gazelles, sand cats, spiny-tailed lizards, and oryx with small biodiversity and mostly dry climate.
- The Kingdom Centre Tower or the Jeddah Tower are one of the most impressive Saudi Arabian buildings. The second one is still in construction; however, it is already imposing. Try seeing these and many other architectural wonders of Saudi.
For all Muslim travellers visiting KSA from Sweden with a valid passport, Mecca’s city is also open. Moreover, you can also go on an Umrah pilgrimage with an e-Visa to KSA.
If you plan on travelling from Sweden to KSA, you probably already know that there are not many documents required. The application process takes less than 15 minutes.
You can have your e-Visa permit in just 72 hours!
Should you need more information, do not hesitate to contact us!