What kind of permit do you need to cross the Saudi border? And what documents do you need to prepare before going? Keep on reading to find answers to these and other questions related to Saudi Arabia visit preparation.
All travellers wishing to visit Saudi Arabia need an e-Visa permit to cross the border. Fortunately, e-Visa is easily obtainable, and Saudi Arabia e-Visa requirements are just elementary.
Who needs a Visa for Saudi Arabia?
Everyone who wants to visit Saudi Arabia for tourism purposes needs a visa for Saudi Arabia. With an e-Visa permit, you can see your Saudi Arabian friends and family, explore the country as a tourist, and go on an Umrah pilgrimage if you're Muslim.
Citizens of 49 countries are eligible to apply online for an e-Visa to KSA upon meeting the Saudi Arabia entry requirements. Please note that the GCC citizens and legal residents of Saudi Arabia, do not need a visa permit to enter the KSA territory.
Every traveller under the age of 18 has to have an e-Visa permit as well. The application needs to be filed by the guardian or parent.
Who is eligible for Saudi Arabia e-Visa?
Forty-nine countries are eligible to apply for an e-Visa to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. All European Union citizens, Australia, United States, United Kingdom, China, Russia, Norway, New Zealand, Japan, Canada and many more.
For the full list of eligible countries find 'Visa Eligibility' button on the top of the page. If your country is not listed as eligible, you will need to apply for a regular visa permit at the embassy. The GCC citizens and legal residents of Saudi Arabia are exempted from visa obligation upon arrival.
Saudi Arabia e-Visa enables its' holders to go on an Umrah pilgrimage. However, please note that an Umrah pilgrimage can only be undertaken by Muslim citizens from the eligible countries. All Muslim travellers can reach the city of Mecca. In contrast, non-Muslim visitors can visit the city of Madinah.
Required documents for Saudi Arabia e-Visa
What documents do you need to prepare before applying? Luckily, there are only a few Saudi Arabia visa document requirements to meet. Make sure that you have:
- a valid passport: your passport has to be valid for at least six months ahead of the planned departure date.
- an active e-mail address: once your e-Visa permit is approved, we send it directly at your e-mail address. Please keep a copy on your phone, should you need it. Electronic visa links directly with your passport and the customs officials read it while scanning the biometric page of your document.
- a photograph of yourself
The criteria to meet before making your application are elementary and easy to gather quickly before applying. You can use any working device with an internet connection and complete the application process in less than 15 minutes from home!
- Your passport is an essential document to have on your trip to Saudi Arabia. Make sure that your passport is valid for the required six months forth from your trip.
- Upon any changes to your passport or in case of losing this document, your e-Visa will become invalid. New e-Visa application needs to be made whenever your passport expires, in case any changes of the details on it, or if you should lose this document.
- Passport and e-Visa are connected, so make sure your travel document is with you. Please carefully provide your passport details in your application form and always double-check the information you put to avoid any misunderstandings, mistakes, issues, or delays.
There are no further criteria to meet before applying and no additional documents to attach upon making your application. Saudi Arabia e-Visa requirements are easy to meet and quick to prepare prior to applying.
The application process takes less than 15 minutes to complete. Make sure you provide correct information, and you will receive your e-Visa permit within a maximum of 72 hours. The average processing time for Saudi Arabia e-Visa when using our services is just 24 hours. Apply from home using any device of your choice!
Discover the ancient sites, incredible Islamic heritage, feel the cultural enrichment, relax on tropical beaches or fill your time with various activities available in Saudi. Whether you choose to scuba dive in the Red Sea, sandboard on the desert, visit the Saudi 'Maldives', or admire the imposing architectural wonders, e-Visa will help you experience all of that and so much more!